Watch the Kayak Brief
RULES OF THE ROAD
All participants must know how to swim & must be in good physical condition.
- Lifejackets Must Be On (we supply).
- No equipment may be used under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Do not jump from or turn over kayaks.
- Do not exit the bay or enter the open ocean.
- Do not kayak in the marked off swim areas. Enter & exit swim area through the flagged area only.
- Groups go single file when in the Naples Canal , so as to not block other boat traffic.
- (Group leaders please review canal protocol with group & concessionaire)
- Do not overload boats or place others in the kayaks
- Do not strap anyone into the kayaks
- One man kayaks are for ONE PERSON ONLY!
When Entering Naples Canals… Please remember that although the Canals are a popular recreational waterway and fun to visit, the canals are also the front yard of family homes.
- Please watch noise level as sound reflects off the water.
- Don't use paddles to fend off of docked boats. If you feel like you are close to hitting a docked boat, use your hands.
- Do not tie up to or go onto private docks unless it is an emergency.
- Groups please do not block waterway. Group leaders please advise kayakers to break up into smaller groups to allow boat traffic.
California Aquatics does not discriminate on the basis of disability.